Paid Marketing Internship – Exciting Opportunity for Students and Recent Grads!
Mesa Lane Partners is a boutique real estate development firm with a focus on creative hospitality projects. The Company is currently hiring a Paid Marketing Intern to contribute to marketing campaigns for its portfolio of creative and hotel projects, including AutoCamp.
AutoCamp is a boutique lodging brand that utilizes luxuriously appointed Airstream trailers as hotel rooms. With properties in unique urban locations and vacation destinations throughout California, AutoCamp’s mission is to deliver an unmatched luxury lodging experience for a new generation of inspired leisure travellers.
AutoCamp launched its first location in Santa Barbara in January 2013, and has since been featured in over 100 publications and media outlets including Sunset Magazine, the San Francisco Chronicle, and Bloomberg Businessweek. Since then the AutoCamp team has partnered with Airstream to bring the successful boutique hotel brand to other vacation destinations throughout California and the west. The announcement of the brand’s second flagship location is forthcoming, with an opening date in late Spring 2016 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Mesa Lane Partners is currently seeking a creative and motivated Paid Marketing Intern to to contribute to the growth of the AutoCamp brand, and other projects in the company’s portfolio. This is the perfect position for an individual with interest in learning about digital marketing, social media, and building a brand. Graphic design experience is a major plus. For the right candidate this internship could transition into a full time position with the Company. The position will require approximately a 20-hour per week commitment and will work out of our Dogpatch office.
Candidate must be an excellent writer and have knowledge and interest in learning more about branding, email, and social media marketing. Prior graphic design experience is a major plus. The ideal candidate should have a good eye for design, and a passion for the outdoors and adventure.
- Write social media and blog posts, as well as email marketing campaigns for AutoCamp.
- Learn how to use Google Analytics to measure success of website, email, and social campaigns.
- Learn how to use Hootsuite and other marketing automation programs to schedule posts and manage multiple social media accounts.
- Act as community manager, responding back to posts, moderating social media accounts, and interfacing with site-specific staff to answer inquires from customers.
- Prepare occasional graphic design layouts for marketing campaigns.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of prior marketing experience; degree or degree in progress in Marketing, Branding, Design a plus
- Outstanding writing skills
- Interest in learning about Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and similar programs
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a major plus
- Knowledge and interest in boutique hotels, lodging, design, adventure, and lifestyle brands
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail.
- Great attitude and hard work ethic, with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment.
Compensation & Time Commitment
- Monthly stipend
- 6-month Internship with opportunity to continue for the right candidate
- Minimum 20 hour per week commitment
**Position to be in the Mesa Lane Partners San Francisco Office**
To apply for the Paid Marketing Intern position, please email a resume and cover letter to Ryan Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 15, 2016. We’d love to take a look at any past work, writing, or portfolio samples that you think are relevant – please include them with your resume and cover letter. Thank you!