Associate Project Manager – Santa Barbara, CA
Mesa Lane Partners is seeking an Associate Project Manager/Urban Planner to join our team in Santa Barbara, CA. The Associate Project Manager position reports to the Senior Project Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright individual with a passion for urban planning and environmentally-responsible development.
The Associate will report directly to the Senior Project Manager. This position requires knowledge of California land use, zoning and permitting policies and procedures, excellent verbal communication skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic and critical thinking skills. The Associate’s primary responsibility will be to assist the Senior Project Manager with facilitating design, planning, entitlement, and construction of ongoing sustainable hotel/resort and multi-family mixed-use development projects. The Associate will also assist in identifying and analyzing new real estate acquisitions opportunities that meet the company’s development criteria, and be involved in all aspects of a transaction from initial underwriting through closing, design, programming, planning and construction. Ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree or emphasis in urban planning, real estate development and prior work experience in urban planning, real estate development, or related field.
- Assist Senior Project Manager in all aspects of development related activities from site sourcing and analysis through project execution and completion.
- Perform research and analysis of various planning documents, policies, zoning and building code, and other related items.
- Assist with the preparation of documents and filing of planning and development permit applications. Prepare presentations and other materials for outreach and other meetings with various project stakeholders
- Engage, manage and coordinate with outside consultants (engineers, land owners, real estate brokers, attorneys, architects, builders, planners, contractors, city representatives, and others) as needed
- Assist with processing, execution and administration of contracts and agreements.
- Participate in site selection, due diligence review, and regulatory approvals for new projects
- Pursue listed and off-market acquisition opportunities that align with company goals
- Assess new projects’ development potential and permitting pathway
- Assist with making evaluations, including pro-forma analysis, of how the opportunity aligns with company goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or emphasis in Urban Planning is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications and Google Earth
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who works well in a team environment
- Strong foundation in the principles of general land use and zoning
- Strong foundation in the principles of real estate development and construction.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with
- city and agency officials, consultants, brokers and other project stakeholders.
- Skilled in understanding and interpreting general plans, zoning ordinances, maps and plans
- Compensation is dependent upon experience.
To apply for the Associate Project Manager position, please email a resume and cover letter to Tony Tomasello (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 15, 2016.
We’d love to take a look at any past work, writing, or portfolio samples that you think are relevant – please include them with your resume and cover letter. Thank you!
NOTE: Cover Letter and Resume are REQUIRED for consideration.